- COURSE OVERVIEW
Gain an overview of agriculture, rural livelihoods, rural policy and politics. You’ll strengthen your analytical prowess and graduate with a set of widely transferable skills.
Focus on the dynamic interactions between local livelihoods and agriculture as a globalised industry. Take an interdisciplinary perspective on the global, national and local level processes that shape agriculture and rural development. And integrate your knowledge by using a mix of social sciences, economics and natural resource studies.
You’ll cover the policies and practices of the major international institutions in rural development – including the World Bank, Food and Agriculture Organisation, United Nations Development Programme. You’ll also gain cutting-edge insights on the relationship between agriculture and rural development.
With these topics back at the top of the international development agenda, you’ll graduate ready to take on a fulfilling career or further study in the area.
Sustainable rural development is vital to the economic, social and environmental viability of nations. It is essential for poverty eradication since global poverty is overwhelmingly rural. Rural development is the process of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people living in rural areas.
This training aims to equip the participants with the knowledge and skills on rural development in order to support sustainable livelihoods and empower vulnerable people. The participants will also gain knowledge on how to develop and manage rural development projects.
- WHAT YOU WILL GAIN?
- Gain first-class training in how agriculture can contribute to poverty alleviation and rural development in low-income countries.
- This course combines theoretical knowledge with empirical insights and case studies, giving you a well-rounded view of the issues at hand.
- You’ll take advantage of the teaching team’s hands-on experience with agriculture and rural development in a large variety of low-income countries – giving you a unique and relevant perspective from the people who’ve been there.
- You’ll cover agriculture, rural livelihoods and rural policy and politics and get to grips with the policies and practices of the major international institutions in rural development.
- Describe the distinctive features of rural development
- Understand the link between agriculture and rural development
- Explain and apply the concepts of environmental, economic and social sustainability in rural development
- Manage effectively a rural development programme
- Understand the gender disparity in rural set up
- TARGET GROUP
Whether you are aspiring to a career in farm management, agricultural consultancy or an environmental / land management advisory role, this course will lead you there.
Besides, this course targets participants working in Rural and Agriculture Scientists and Researchers, Rural development and agriculture projects, government institutions, NGO staff, private and research institutions
FOR MORE DETAILS AND COURSE OUTLINE PLEASE CONTACT:
PIERRE DUPLIS BRENNER
The Admission Director
AFRICA INSTITUTE FOR CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT (AICD)
21 Detroit Plaza |Pretoria Road|Kempton Park|
Gauteng. SOUTH AFRICA
Telephone : +27 733797377
Whatsapp Number : +27733797377
TRAINING| SHORT COURSES| CONSULTANCY| RESEARCH| RECRUITMENT| MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
For more information https://aicdtraining.com/apply-online/