ASSET MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT
- COURSE OVERVIEW
Tangible (physical) assets are a vital corporate resource and applying the principles of asset management will ensure this resource input is at the lowest overall cost.
Understand the asset maintenance and management lifecycle and how effective management within each component can significantly contribute to bottom line savings and structure your asset management process. Gain a step-by-step implementation approach, assisting you to implement an asset management programme in your organisation in the context of existing technology. Increasing Demands are now being placed on the management of public sector assets. Governments and Public Entities are increasing their investments into the management and renewal of public infrastructure and assets in order to optimize service delivery to their populations.
This practical and in-depth 10-day course has been specifically designed to help governments, ministries, state-owned enterprises and public entities gain proven and practical techniques and strategies in asset management and getting full value from their physical assets – buildings, equipment, infrastructure, and transportation amongst others. It will also help address how the public sector can optimize asset performance, reduce costs, and increase their lifespan and returns generated from your assets by using strategic asset management practices.
To survive in today’s world of ‘lean and mean’ operations, we cannot wait for breakdowns. As a matter of fact, we should make responding to breakdowns the exception in our daily workload, not the norm. A successful and effective maintenance operation has to break away from the ‘fix it when it breaks’ mentality. The ultimate goal of the maintenance department should be to ‘stop’ things from breaking, increase assets availability and reliability and do so with the lowest possible cost.
This has certainly put an immense pressure on the maintenance department management team. In this course, various best practices will be presented that deliver the above objectives.
- COURSE OBJECTIVES
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- The asset maintenance and management framework – the legislative base for asset management.,
- Accounting policy – the asset register and the treatment of assets in the asset registers of provincial and national departments.,
- Accounting for capital assets and the inclusion of minor assets.,
- The principles of asset management and the asset management process.,
- 4-phase lifecycle.
- Ownership and control. Responsibility / accountability.,
- Evaluating performance.,
- Identification of assets. Inventory management framework. Asset verification / stock take.
- Demonstrate the latest concepts and techniques required for managing or supervising a maintenance unit
- Examine the organizational and managerial considerations for effective maintenance work
- Apply techniques to measure Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Distinguish and optimize the special characteristics of maintenance activities
- Debunk safety myths safety and identify unsafe acts and conditions
- Identify common maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and develop the maintenance department scorecard
- Contribute to generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset lifecycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organisation, and translate technical issues into business implications.
- EXPECTED OUTCOME
Key Benefits of Attending Include
- Understand and Implement Strategic Asset Management Planning
- Develop risk and resilience plansfor asset management
- Design and Engineer your Public-Sector Assets for Long Term Sustainability
- Maintaining and Renewing Ageing Assetsto Improve Value & Service Quality
- Justify Refurbishment Decisionsand Assess ROI of the Renewal of Public Sector Assets to make informed decisions
- Find out how you can Standardize Asset Management PracticesAcross All Your Departments
- Data collection, management and analysisfor public sector assets
- TARGET GROUP
This masterclass has been specially designed for the following:
From Federal/State Governments, Municipality Departments, Government Authorities and Agencies Responsible for Infrastructure/Transportation/Construction Development/ Water Resources/Energy & Resources and/or any ministry which owns and manages assets, Government Linked Organizations, and State-Owned Enterprises of the below job functions:
– Asset Management
– Asset Performance
– Strategic Planning
– Planning & Strategy
– Technical Services
– Project Management
– Service Delivery
– Capital Programs
– Finance & Budgeting
– Accounting Authorities;
– Accounting Officers and Senior Managers in national;
– Facilities Managers,
– Contract Managers,
– Sourcing Managers,
– Project Managers
Those involved in the supervision or management of maintenance activities; also anyone interested in learning more about the critical role of maintenance in a company.
5. TARGET COMPETENCIES
- Asset management
- Risk identification
- Contingency planning
- Asset life cycle costing
- Maintenance planning
FOR MORE DETAILS AND COURSE OUTLINE PLEASE CONTACT:
PIERRE DUPLIS BRENNER
The Admission Director
AFRICA INSTITUTE FOR CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT (AICD)
21 Detroit Plaza |Pretoria Road|Kempton Park|
Gauteng. SOUTH AFRICA
Telephone : +27 733797377
Whatsapp Number : +27733797377
TRAINING| SHORT COURSES| CONSULTANCY| RESEARCH| RECRUITMENT| MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
For more information https://aicdtraining.com/apply-online/